Monday, June 7, 2010

My favorite e-mail...

(No Subject)‏
From: greta bishop (gretadbishop@gmail.com)
Sent: Mon 6/07/10
To: Deidre Dority (deidre.dority@hotmail.com)
dear mommy i love you whats your favorite thing in life


My favorite things...‏
From: Deidre Dority (deidre.dority@hotmail.com)
Sent: Mon 6/07/10
To: greta (gretadbishop@gmail.com)
Hi Honey,

I have lots and lots of favorite things. My favorite color is a tie between yellow and green. My favorite indoor place is the library (do you agree?), and my favorite outdoor place is the beach. My favorite time of day is morning. My favorite food is the homemade pasta that you and I make together. My favorite song changes all the time. But I know for certain that my favorite things in life are you and your brother (even when you make mischief and squabble when I'm trying to make dinner, yup, even then). Thanks for asking. I love you, Mommy.

We spent all day long together, and I am still answering her questions even though she's asleep. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining.

1 comment:

  1. Oh me oh my that would be my favorite email too. I love your response, and I love that it reminded me of the fact that I think of you on the mornings when I sneak downstairs to have the quietest, 'perfect-est' cup of coffee with a book in hand before the house wakes up. I often assume that you're doing the same, somewhere down this coast of ours. Lots of love, S

    ReplyDelete