Sunday, June 13, 2010

A Saturday in June...

I remember what it felt like to go to weddings as a little kid. Wearing a pretty dress, and being allowed the swipe of lip gloss and dab of perfume that smelled so much like being grown up. Seeing men and women that usually wore blue jeans and tee shirts, in ties and high heels. The pack of children that forms, some knowing one another, some not, but all having an important thing in common, parents that were too busy talking and laughing to care about vegetables or bedtimes. Toasting with juice, and keeping a watchful eye on the tower of frosting and flowers that confirms that it's a party.

We went to a beautiful wedding this weekend. We saw and caught up with so many friends at once that I was overwhelmed with processing all of the "since we saw each other last" information, and giving my own out. It was a thoughtful ceremony, a bright and happy reception, and a child's paradise. Greta highjacked my camera and snapped about a million photos. I was annoyed at the time, but grateful today when I downloaded them all, that I was able to see the day through her eyes.

2 comments:

  1. Those are some great pictures...I think she may have a future. I especially love the photo with Scout and Jessie hugging, which if you look carefully, you can see Simon running as if being chased by something really big in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greta- Thanks for the pictures. I love the one of Scout and I on the dance floor. It may just be one of my all time favorites!

    ReplyDelete